Part 2 of the fascinating interview with Maddy Maxey
- Cal Newport’s book, “So good they can’t ignore you”
- Dale Carnegie’s “How to win friends and influence people”
- Joshua Spodek’s book “Remodel”
- What if my career only lasted a day?
- CFAR: Center For Applied Rationality
- iPhone launch caused Google to redesign Android
- Miriam Webster’s definition of “design”
- Cunningham’s law: “The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it’s to post the wrong answer.”
- Francis Bitonti thinks the future will be disposable
- Planned Obsolescence
- Google’s Project Ara: modular Android phones
- Bill Gates reduces contributions to the Gates Foundation
- Somali food distribution problem - In the show I misremembered this story as being in Bangladesh. Which country doesn’t affect the point I was trying to make, but this is also not the strongest point that can be made on the topic.
- Government shutdown threatens annual antarctic research
(music: Happiness by Tondrae Kemp)